September born I know a few and the two closest people to me were born in September one on the 18 and the other on the 25,I love them they make me laugh, they are the craziest two people to be around at any one time but I love them. Both of the love when I go in the kitchen and they both like pork. Enough said right, but a birthday day is nothing with friends, family, cake and in their case pork. So I did oven roast pork with rice for on and pasta for the other homemade cake. In all this I am having a bottle of Merlot red wine all to myself.
Recipe for pork shoulder
- Roasting pan
- Sharp knife
- Freshly blend seasoning
- Aluminum foil
- 4lb pork
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Place the pork shoulder in a roasting pan with the fatty skin side facing up.
- Cut little scores through the skin and into the fat, about a half an inch apart. Keep the scores shallow enough to avoid going into the meat. Push a garlic clove into one of the scores, and rub some salt over the others.
- Turn the roast over and rub the rest down with some salt and pepper. Return the roast to fatty side up and place the roasting pan in the oven.
- Roast the roast for 30 minutes, or until the skin fatty side begins cracking.
- Lower the oven temperature to 325 degrees Fahrenheit and cover the roast with foil. Let the roast cook for 40 minutes per pound. When the roast is halfway done, take it out and use a brush to brush all the fat that has accumulated on the bottom of the pan over the roast.
Recipe for Jamaican rice and peas
- 1/2lb red pea
- 2lb rice
- Hold paper
- Salt (to taste)
- 2 freshly milked Coconut
- Water (depending of you milk content)
- Pot or heavy saucepan
- Soak pea in water for ½ half an hours
- Put the beans into a heavy saucepan or pot.
- Pour red pea in water and allow to boil for 30 minute.
- Pour the coconut and all ingredients except for the rice into the saucepan/pot and stir for a few seconds.
- Cover the pot and allow ingredients to simmer for about 8 or 9 minutes.
- Add the rice and bring to a boil giving it an occasional stir to separate rice.
- Reduce heat and then cover the pot, cooking until all the liquid has been absorbed.